The cost of any treatment, including Hizentra, depends on a number of factors, including insurance status and the insurers' co-pay/coinsurance policy. The actual out-of-pocket cost to a patient will depend on their individual prescription or medical coverage.
For those who cannot afford their treatment, CSL Behring is committed to providing appropriate resources to ensure patients can begin and/or remain on their therapy. These include:
CSL Behring AssuranceSM — The CSL Behring Assurance Program is free and features easy enrollment and participation. The program allows you to earn points for Hizentra that you can use to secure product should you have a lapse in your third-party, private health insurance.
CSL Behring Patient Assistance ProgramSM — The CSL Behring Patient Assistance Program may help if you are uninsured or underinsured, or otherwise can't afford SCIg therapy. If you qualify, you may receive up to a 3-month supply of a SCIg therapy. At the end of 3 months, your eligibility is reevaluated for continued participation. If you have an emergency need for SCIg therapy, it will be addressed under a separate process when the call is received within 24 hours of the emergency.
Hizentra Co-Pay Relief Program – The Hizentra Co-Pay Relief program helps eligible patients afford their therapy by helping with monthly out-of-pocket expenses for Hizentra (up to $5,000 for one year, with no monthly cap).*
To be eligible:
- Prescription must be for primary immunodeficiency diagnosis
- Patients must be at least 2 years of age
- Patient must be receiving Hizentra through a specialty pharmacy or physician office
- Patient must express financial need
- Patient must have coverage for the product under a private US insurance plan. Not valid for prescriptions eligible for reimbursement by any federal or state healthcare program, such as Medicare, Medicare advantage plans, Medicaid, PCIP, Champus, TriCare, Veterans Administration (VA), or any other state or federal program
- Patients whose insurance policy prohibits co-pay assistance are not eligible†
- This program is subject to change or discontinuation by CSL Behring at any time, for any reason, and with or without prior notice
- Hizentra Co-Pay Relief program is administered by Medmonk Inc.; terms and conditions apply
Simply contact CSL Behring's IgIQ resource hotline at 1-877-355-IGIQ (4447), Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM ET to confirm eligibility and learn about next steps.
For more information, call the IgIQ Resource Center, CSL Behring's single source for information about immunoglobulin therapies, at 1-877-355-IGIQ (4447), Monday-Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM ET.