- A dose of Hizentra may be infused into multiple injection sites. Use up to 4 sites simultaneously or up to 12 sites consecutively per infusion. Injection sites should be at least 2 inches apart. Change the actual site of injection with each administration.
- Recommended infusion sites include the stomach, thighs, upper arms, or hips. Your
healthcare professional will teach you how to properly administer Hizentra
- Sub-Q needles are smaller than IV needles. Depending on your size and weight, your
doctor will recommend a needle as short as 4 mm or as long as 14 mm
Self-Infusing at Home
Your healthcare provider will teach you how to infuse Hizentra over the course of several
weeks. Make sure you're comfortable with the process before doing your own infusions.
Equipment You'll Need to Self-Administer Hizentra
Your nurse or specialty pharmacy will provide the necessary equipment to infuse Hizentra.
Supplies include, but are not limited to: an infusion pump, syringe and needle, plastic
tubing, container for syringe disposal, sterile gauze pad, and alcohol pads.
Hear Carla Duff, ARNP Discuss Self-Administration With Her Patients
“When [patients] leave... they are confident in
their ability that the next week when they do
their infusion, they can do it themselves”
- Carla Duff, ARNP
Hizentra Patient Welcome Kit
This kit provides important resources to help you start and stay on Hizentra. Your welcome
- Voice2Voice Brochure
- Hizentra Patient Brochure
- Hizentra Step-by-Step Infusion Guide
- Hizentra Therapy Journal
- CSL Behring Assurance Brochure
- MyHizentra Infusion Manager App Brochure
- Prescribing Information, including Patient Product Information
- Additional Information
Keep track of your therapy with this convenient app
The MyHizentra® Infusion Manager app will alert you when it's time to infuse. The app can even send you reminders on all cloud-synced devices (desktop, laptop, mobile phone) as part of your regular calendar.
Like Hizentra itself, the Infusion Manager app is flexible and designed to fit your lifestyle. You can use the app to manage your own infusions, and/or those of someone for whom you are a caregiver. You can also customize how you enter your infusion schedule and the time at which you would like to be reminded.
The app makes it easy for you to record your infusions, including scanning the QR code of each vial and giving you a place to write notes on each infusion. You’ll be able to review the digital record of your past infusions at any time.